Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Our First Letter from Craig

We are so excited. We received our first letter from Craig today. He sounds GREAT!!! He describes the MTC as "amazing". He said the Spirit that is there is just indescribable. His companion is Elder McPhee. He is from Texas and went to BYU last year also. He really likes him. They are the only 2 Americans in their district of 14 missionaries who will be going to Greece. The others are from Germany, Norway, Sweden, England, and Holland. He is very excited because he has been able to use his German quite a bit. One of the young men from Holland was also a Classics major like Craig. Isn't it just amazing how God sees that everything is JUST RIGHT!!

He encouraged us to pray if we have concerns or things are difficult while he is gone. He is so right when he says the the Holy Spirit is "THE COMFORTER". I knew in my heart (as much as I miss him) that he was just smiling from ear to ear and that his life as a missionary will be more than he could ever imagine, and I know that it was the Holy Spirit who gave me that comfort.

He is able to receive e-mail on Thursdays and he will have about 1/2 hour to read and respond to them. I was unsure of what e-mail address to use because I wasn't sure his missionary account was set up yet, so guess what, I e-mailed my note to all three of his accounts (I know he will laugh hysterically when he sees what his goofy mom did !!). His accounts are: rcmeisty@hotmail.com, rcmeisty@byu.net, and rcmeisty@myldsmail.net, so take you pick.

Thank you all again for all of the prayers and kind words you have sent our way since Craig left. You have no idea how much it means to us to have so many people praying for Craig.

Will update more when the next letter arrives.
God Bless!

1 comment:

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Fantastic! I'm thrilled that you heard from him already and that he is so psyched about his experience so far. Thanks for keeping us posted! Carla