Thursday, August 16, 2007

Well yesterday was the day. We dropped Craig off at the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo, Utah to begin his two year mission. It was a beautiful day, bright and blue skies and an emotional day as well for all of us. Certainly one of the proudest moments of our lives as parents. We feel honored that we can share Craig with the world, as he shares his love for the Lord and for our Saviour Jesus Christ. We know that the power of his testimony will change the lives of many of the people that he has an opportunity to share it with while in the mission field. The changes may be in baptizing new members into the LDS faith, introducing someone to the saving power of Jesus Christ, or by strengthening someone's existing faith and bringing him or her even closer to God. All which are successes for a missionary.
Craig will be in the MTC for two months before leaving for Greece on October 17th. He would love to hear from all of his family and friends. His address while at the MTC is:

Elder Randall Craig Meister
MTC Mailbox #142
GRE-ATH 1017
2005 N. 900 East
Provo, Utah 84604-1793

I will post further updates as we write and get additional information from him. We thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers.

6 comments:

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Jodi! Welcome to the blogging world. Sounds like 8/15 was an emotionally loaded day for your family. I will certainly be keeping Craig (and you) in my prayers. Looking forward to your updates. Carla

Unknown said...

The pictures are great... I'm so glad I didn't have to wait a whole week for an update. They are great pictures and you all look fabulous...
Loves and prayers to you all,
Susie

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great trip, I'm so glad!! Craig looks so cute with his new hair-do!I think the blog is a great idea, it will keep you busy, and it will keep us all informed(which you know we like)You and your family will stay in our thoughts and prayers.
We love you all!
Cara, Tim & Leo

Anonymous said...

What a terrific idea! It is so hard to believe that are children our growing up and becoming such wonderful adults.

Anonymous said...

I just love reading about Craig. I read his letters to me and log on and read about yours. He inspires me so much. I'm so proud of him, just as you are! I pray for you and him everyday! LOVE YOU!
~JiJ

Anonymous said...

Well said.